Sunday, June 17, 2007

Illumination


A must set of shows to check out: Michael Somoroff’s Illumination at 508 W. 26th on the ground floor (BravinLee programs Off Site) and Illumination I at the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum. Also in today’s New York Times, there’s a wonderful and insightful article by Elizabeth Bard entitled A 50-Year-Old Upstart Redefines ‘Emerging’, all about Michael and his work.

I was fortunate to get a sneak peak at the video installation on 26th St. yesterday and it gave me chills. Definitely an awe inspiring show. Check out more on Michael at his website: michaelsomoroff.com

above image: detail of Panoramic still from Illumination (video) by Michael Somoroff

Illumination
June 21 - August 10, 2007
Opening: 6-8 p.m., Thursday, June 21
BravinLee programs Off Site
508 West 26 Street (ground floor), NY, NY

Illumination I
June 24- October 14, 2007
Opening: 3-5 p.m., Sunday, June 24
The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
258 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT

1 comment:

Katy Diamond Hamer said...

Great post, I've actually been thinking alot about light lately and in the context of my upcoming Italy trip, Michael's work is really great for me to look at! I'll be sure to check out the opening at BravinLee...:)