Monday, July 2, 2007

Mr. Fabre





This man has been on my mind a lot lately. You can catch a solo exhibition of his work in Venice through September 23rd (details below). I absolutely fell in love with his work many years ago, when I was doing a website called studio-visit.com which no longer exists. (He was the last interview for my site.)
Check out his two websites:
angelos.be
troubleyn.be
Not only is he an amazing visual artist and a master of theater… he’s drop dead gorgeous.

Exhibition:Jan Fabre. Anthropology of a planet curated by Giacinto Di Pietrantonio
Palazzo Benzon, Calle Benzon S. Marco 3927 30124 Venice
9 June - 23 September 2007 Hours: Tuesday – Sunday: 11 am – 6 pm

Images (all taken from angelos.be):
Jan Fabre (photo credit: Stefan Van Fleteren)
I spit on my own grave, 2007
Le probleme, 2001
Heaven of Delight, 2002 (medium: beetle on ceiling) [not part of “Anthropology of a planet”]

1 comment:

Petulant said...

He is an attractive older gent! I assume he is taken.